Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Hooray, the Dale for Gavin is to the yoke! I have the sleeves on and it's all one piece now. It is so downhill from here, it is not even kidding. Let's just try and forget about 300+ tiny stitches a round and a jillion more decrease rows...the end is near!

This past weekend I also got to show off my mystery knitting to its recipient. I'm knitting my best friend Jen a pair of socks, Blackrose. They are Malbrigo Sock, bought from Webs, in RayonVert, which to me was the perfect rose colorway. A purple with bits of green. I'm in love with the heel on this sock - just the way it looks in this particular yarn. More pictures to come; I just have one in Ravelry from when Jen tried it on. I was afraid it would be too big - for some reason, it just looked slouchy (must be a visual effect of the lace section) and I wanted Jen to make sure it was okay. The bonus of her trying it on is that now she's totally dying for a pair of handknit socks, so I have a lot of motivation to finish it, and she has motivation to finish her first pair of socks that have been languishing on the needles for *cough*years*cough* a while.

Considering a loose sort of knit olympics challenge, but have too many MUST DO projects. Oh, and still no free time (and very little free space on the DVR!) in which to watch & knit. Maybe I'll use that time to bust through Charlotte's Dale, providing I've finished Gavin's sweater and Jen's socks first.

No comments: