Thursday, March 18, 2010

Miss Dashwood - all blocked out and no place to go


blockingmissd (5)
Originally uploaded by Fat Angel
Well, she has someplace to go, I just need to get my act together and actually mail her out. I will be sad to say good-bye, I had fun knitting this hat, and the finished product is too cute. I accomplished my Knitting Olympics goal, and used a bobble/picot cast on that I had never used before. Blocked the hat pretty well, too, if I do say so myself. The brim flares out nicely and that crown is properly head-shaped. Hope it fits the intended recipient and that her mom sends a picture!

Newborn size is said to take 1 ball of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran. It does. Exactly. Well, exactly 1 ball minus 17 inches. If I hadn't unraveled my swatch to use again, I would have needed another ball.

No comments: