Monday, June 16, 2003

So much knitty-ness, so little time. Love my new Denise needles, finished baby sock #2, 10 rows and finishing left on Slytherin scarf. Too much yarn that I will never use. If anyone really wants loads of baby yarn (all acrylic), mostly in white, let me know. Seriously. I'd love a swap, but at this point it's free to a good home. Email me at emily_ghost@NOSPAMyahoo.com. Just take out the NOSPAM, of course.

I had a crappy day Friday, so I comforted myself with some retail therapy - new gel pens and 4 skeins of tartelette in this purple/green/pink combo. I've decided that the tartelette shawlette thing-y in Pink Grapefruit will probably be a gift to someone, and the bright purple one will be for me. Maybe I'll even wear it to my friend Jenn's wedding. Fall, evening wedding - dark colors are permissible and welcome.

Then on Saturday we had a bunch of people over gaming, including Amber's boy Aaron, so Amber came over. She used my ball-winder to wind her huge hank of gorgeous hand-painted yarn, and I started my de-stashifying by giving her some yarn that I'd never use, and that I'm sure she'll think of something cool for.

Monday, today, my friend Kris (the one I'm making the Slytherin scarf for) gave me the present that she's been slaving on for me - a handmade knitting bag! It's purple with stars, deep, and full of pockets. I adore it. I will post pictures soon.

Off to work out with the boyf - I mean fiancee (wicked grin) - before heading home.

No comments: