Wednesday, June 18, 2003

WIP recap:

1. Finished weaving in the ends of the Slytherin Scarf. Tomorrow - the fringe. Matt figured out that there are 58,422 stitches in the Slytherin Scarf. It's humbling.

2. I'm past the 1/2 way point on the Tartelette shawlette. A few observations - I prefer to put Tartelette into balls by hand, center wound balls twist too much. Also, the Denise needles tend to snag the yarn, so for the big one, I think I'll have to steam out the crimps in my size 15 bamboo circular needle.

3. Gotta do something about the tank I'm working on, maybe separate back and front. I'm just not getting anything done keeping it in the round.

4. Pink baby hat is only about 1/3 of the way done. Can't wait to get to little pink baby socks.

5. Yarn for the Highland Triangle Shawl came. Too bad I sent the ball-winder home with Amber. Actually, that's probably for the best. I can't afford to start that quite yet. I think I'm going to try and keep the end of June and all of July for finishing various started projects. If I could just wind up some of these small projects (socks everywhere!) and a couple big ones, I can really start to devote time to the 2 shawls by the end of the summer.

No comments: