Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Booties did not get done in time, but hopefully I'll be able to finish them in the upcoming week. Starting to look ahead to projects for next year. I'm hoping to finish some sweaters for my kid and some slippers & shawls for myself, and finally get on the Sam Jackson sweater for Matt. I had this yarn from Webs, several hanks of a charcoal-colored merino/Tencel blend from years ago. I think it was an early incarnation of Colrain. It was on deep discount w/o a label because it hadn't taken the dye the way they expected, and it was almost metallic in spots. i loved knitting with it, but I kind of impatiently forced it to get the gauge I wanted on the needles I had available, and that was a bad decision. The cable came out with big open spots, and the needles just didn't feel right. I think I was using my Denise interchangeables.

I guess this is it for now. Making an active effort to blog more, on a lot of fronts.

No comments: