Sunday, December 20, 2009

Wish List

At this time of year, with projects actively being RUSHED, how on earth can I be obsessing about what to do next? I'm a Gemini, what can I say. That's what I always blame my short attention span on. So, what am I going to knit in the new year? Here's how the list is shaping up:

* Something for my cousin Jimmy's baby - these days, someone is always pregnant. My cousin Jimmy's wife is due with a girl in February. And while I swear that I will never do another baby blanket AGAIN (until, you know, I do) I would love to knit her a little sweater, or maybe the Miss Dashwood bonnet which I have been dying to knit since Charlotte was 3 months old.

* Finish Helena for Charlotte, before she outgrows the size I've started. It's in a turquoise colored superwash, I can't remember what it is. A closeout from Webs, in all likelihood. I think it should still fit, because I purposefully knit it big. If not, well, than it will be handed down to my (step)niece B ahead of schedule. Like, after one photo shoot with Charlotte.

* Finally knit the Sam Jackson sweater for Matt. I actually emailed Adrian from ravelry, just to say, "Oh, hey, I had no idea you were local!" and mentioned that I started the sweater once and still owe it to my husband. Now that I've actually mentioned it to the designer, I really feel like I ought to get it done. Matt won't care why, he will actually just be thrilled if I finish it before, say, May 2010.

* Make some accessories for myself! One of the hazards of so much gift-knitting is that I rarely finish something for myself. And of the things I've finished for myself, many were lost during the first great Mothpacalypse (2006-2008). I have one hat and one scarf (the Harry Potter Hufflepuff scarf) still surviving, but I have worn out all my handknit socks and slippers. I'd like to finish one set of wristwarmers I started for myself - they were out of the second Stitch and Bitch book, made out of Noro Kureyon. I finished one in record time, and never did the second. I also would like to finish a lace shawl - I have one started and one that was 1/3 done and eaten by moths.

* I really, really, really need to buy the pattern for the French Press Felted Slippers. (thanks to Steph for starting that obsession!)

* Matt needs another pair of handknit socks. I have lots of yarn.

So, while that looks like a lot, I don't think its unreasonable to expect to get that done by, say, 2012.

No comments: