Sunday, July 13, 2003

Anyone see the new Patternworks site? It seems to me like a lot of images are down...not very impressed so far.

This weekend I tried to drown my sorrows in yarn. I sorted through my yarn cabinet, and I think I found some things I need to get ride of. Nasty acrylic odd balls (10 yards or less) and some started projects that are so knotted and horrible they need to be extinguished. I also found a bunch of cotton twist, and if I like the tank I'm making, I might make one for my sister, too. I ended up acquiring some chunky cotton, and cast on for the Sigma tank in Knitty. I may or may not finish it this summer, but I like the color and the yarn. I cast on the second Tartelette shawl, this one in purple (I believe the color is called "Kaleidoscope") for me.

My mom and her husband are off for their honeymoon in about a week - they got married in April, but decided to save the honeymoon for when she could take 2 1/2 weeks of off work in the summer. Bob's retired, so he was flexible. They are going to Ireland! I'm sooooo jealous.

I keep intending to post the pictures I took of the little hat and socks I made my new cousin Keenen, but I forgot.

No comments: