Monday, September 29, 2003

Mad, crazy knitting weekend, yo! I'm pretty happy. On Saturday I finally got around to felting the water bottle holder and the Kureyon Booga Bag I just finished. I was not originally happy with the Kureyon...it seemed to me like there was still too much stitch definition, but it dried pretty dense, so I'm okay with that. I'll post pictures, soon! As for the water bottle holder, well, the strap was just an eensy bit too long, because, as I figured but didn't compensate for, double knitting doesn't quite felt down as small as regular knitting. I do like the double knit strap, though. Thick and strong. The water bottle part itself is just a tiny bit too long, more of a liter bottle of water sized than nalgene bottle of water sized. But it came out pretty good for the first pattern I ever came up with, and with some tweaking it should be ready to be posted soon. Hoorah!

I made a couple more mousies this weekend, bringing my total to 5. I have 4 Kool-Aid dyed mousies, and one leftover Kureyon mousie. I had 2 purple Lamb's Pride mousies, but they have disappeared into the ether. Just as well. Virgil is pretty darn jealous of all the mousies and catnip that are NOT for him. If I find the other 2, I can stuff them for him!


Marcia, Marcia, Marcia! (purls before swine)

Lifelong Knitter

My Glass House

No comments: