Tuesday, September 16, 2003

Phew. I haven't updated in a while. I will admit my sordid little secret. I was sucked into the world of Stargate SG-1 fan fic, and spent all my free time at work reading it. (If anyone else shares a Sam/Jack obsession, check out my links blog!)

But that' doesn't mean that I haven't been knitting along. I finished the front of the Berocco top, only to realize that a) it's huge b) didn't need those short-rows and c) they're in the wrong place anyway. So I need to un-seam it (and I had just hit mattress-stitch zen, too. *pout*) and then rip it back to where I added the short rows. The short rows were a great idea, and I get how they work now, but I didn't need them for this project. Perhaps for the languishing Sigma tank in intermezzo chunky cotton?

I'm excited about the new knitty. My librarian geologist buddy, Kate, is thrilled with the Hoover blanket. I'm digging it too, as double-knitting is something I just figured out how to do, and have figured out a million different ways it could be useful.

Well, I meant this to be longer, but I don't think it's going to work out that way. Bear with me. This will turn back into a real blog soon enough, complete with photos. Er, eventually.

links:

* bruxknits
* the knitting purse...featured in knitty. i saw it in knitpicks, and desperately want it.
* www.thesmooch.com

No comments: