Wednesday, September 03, 2003

train of thought knitting entry:

extreme hedonism neck wrap - good knit gifts, maybe for Matt's mom?

Furlana & 12" circ, 3mm
Furlana - $9
Furlana - $8.50

cascade 220, looks like some quatro, too - $6.75

furlana - $9

Silky Wool, $6.95 a skein

considering ordering some patterns(these and these) from Naked Sheep, yarn from Elann, and making some lace scarves...on Elann, there is the GGH Merino Soft, Den-M-Nit for another Tasha, Skyline, Cabotage, Klimatika ...and of course, Pakucho. I have a naturally multi-colored cotton sweater from L.L.Bean from years, and years, and years ago. It's machine knit, fair isle, very very thin yarn. But all the colors are very much like the Pakucho yarn. The lovely geekpixie suggested that I remake the sweater, or make an "inspired by" sweater. Something about fair isle, in pieces, in cotton is kind of scary...but tempting all the same.

Lets see, I would need lots of Natural for the main part, with a few skeins of everything else. It's so, so tempting. I could probably get a really great cardigan out of it for about $60...maybe. Maybe. Though, I am sad that there is no more Avacado...(which looks spelled wrong, but I don't think it is). A little bit of green goes a long way.

man, i lust after the long life kimono, and i've wanted the floral gathering sack since i first saw it...

http://www.perunaturtex.com/yarn.htm

koigu P136 looks like Crusoe sock candidates to me..

I still want the "I'd rather be knitting." knitty bag..I'm feeling a shopping spree coming on...Elann and knitty and FuzzyMabel??

Great idea from Wendy...the accessory box for yarn...



No comments: