Saturday, September 20, 2003

should have been posted yesterday, but my computer at work wasn't cooperating.

not a very knitty-ing week. i've been working a little on some scarves while at work, but at home, haven't been doing all that much knitting. taking notes and typing is staring to put a little strain on my wrists. i'm going to try and get to web's this saturday to see if they have more copper quest, and see what prices they have on a swift, because i really do need one. if it's more than KnitPicks, i might just suck it up and order from KnitPicks, since i wouldn't have to pay shipping, and i could order more quest at the same time. i think i'm also going to pick up some sock yarn to make some mittens and/or gloves. i haven't made any yet, but i think i can handle it :). it would be nice to make some for me and my sister.

i like the new knitty, and i've picked up the new cast on and the new knitters. here are the highlights from them all:

knitty - love,love,love the Noro jackets, particularly rosedale. don't know if it's big enough for me.

cast on - as usual, the articles are interesting, and the projects are lame. i really like the fibonnaci article, and the zipper article. they way i feel about knitter's reminds me of what some people say about playboy - "I buy it for the articles, I swear!" Though I like the Shipton Aran Cardigan and the Diagonal Rib scarf. the article about short-rows is okay, and the bulky raglan cowl-neck makes me think of my sister. I wonder if wool ease thick and quick would have the same guage? i could make it for my sister

Knitters - i like a couple of the arans, the lavold vest, the lavold article, and the sock article. i'd like to try those socks.

No comments: