Monday, September 08, 2003

The realization that Jenn is getting married in less than 2 months has spurred me into winding up yarn to start her shawl. I will say right now, for the record, that Quest is a BITCH AND A HALF to wind, even by hand. It is just too slithery to stay in its proper skein, so it is loose and knotted before you even begin. Luckily the yardage is positively dismal, so it didn't take as long to wind as it would have if it were, say, Cascade 220.

I've decided that my major projects right now are the 80's scarf (I'm 70% done with it right now) which is made out of some weird novelty yarn I got at A.C. Moore, the Berroco tank top, Jenn's Shawl (I think I'll name it Penny), and my travelling project is the never-ending Koigu socks (as opposed to Matt's neverending Wildfoote socks). Most of these things are almost done. I'm just about to the heel on the Koigu socks, just need to decide whether I'm going to attempt short row heels or regular heels. The scarf if just garter stitch, and going to be added to my christmas pile. After I finish Jenn's shawl, I need to start on Matt's Grammy's shawl, and after I finish my tank top, I need to start making Kureyon bag for my mom. Whew! I'm psyched about all my projects, but starting to get a little nervous about finishing them all in time for Christmas.

Work is slow today...got past the heel on the ancient neverending Koigu sock. Pictures to come eventually.


Yarn
fixation bulky

Blogs to add to the list
Lifelong Knitter
squiblog

Patterns
fuzzy kid's pullover from Lion Brand
Kim Salazar of Wise Needle has this sock pattern up...very useful for short-rows!
Shapely Tank link for more short-rows!

No comments: