Wednesday, August 20, 2003

Cabling in cotton is exhausting. I'm doing the strap for Tasha, and the cable is kinda not coming out, but kinda coming out. Mostly it's due to my elementary cabling skills, and the unforgivingness (is that really a word? kinda awkward) of the denim yarn. Gaps where I don't want 'em, and squished together cables around tight purl stitches. I'm hoping that the more repeats I do, the better it will look.

Well, this Saturday is my niece's birthday, and I'm still plugging away on Jane, hoping to get it done in time. I kinda want to finish Tasha, too. It reminds me of the day before the baby shower for Madison - I stayed up until 2 a.m. to finish the little garter stitch hat I made for her. It was a sound decision, though...she still wore it when I saw her at Christmas that year. Hurrah for the stretchiness of garter stitch!

Links grabbed from other blogs:

Bonkers Fiber

A Week in the Life of a Knitter's Cat

Shelridge Farms

Brainylady's blog

No comments: