Sunday, August 31, 2003

Had a great visit with Amber, the geekpixie. I was too lazy to go out on Saturday night, so she came to me while everyone else was gaming! We talked about everything, but quite a bit of it was knitting. There was even talk about a knitting-inspired road trip for when I'm unemployed...

What I need right now is some project priotitization...right now #1 on my list is finishing that water bottle holder...I need to perfect the pattern so I can post it for anyone interested, and see if I want to make a couple for my sister, and my buddy Kelly, and whoever. #2 is Tasha...just because I'm so close to being done that I want to be done. #3 is Jenn's wedding shawl, though that of course means I actually have to figure out what to do. I suspect it will be sideways, like the Tartelette shawl, with a stripe of gold in the copper...it's the new Berroco yarn, Quest, and it's wicked soft and liquid. I suspect I'll need bamboo needles for this puppy. The colors I'm calling copper and gold are probably "Rose Glow" and "Polished Copper" respectively. Hard to tell on my monitor.

I want to make Matt's Grammy a shawl for Christmas, and I was sniffing through my stash. I found 3 balls of Mohair Classic, in a nice sage-y color. I may end up carrying it along with something, but I'll try doing just a mohair shawl first. Perhaps even the Wave and Shell Shawl?

I still have tons of WIPS that I'd love to finish, along with all those other projects for the Christmas season. I have yet to finish a sweater for myself, so I think the easiest to get done would be the top down Aspen raglan. I dug it out of the dresser today, just in case. I'd also like to finish Matt's Noro scarf and the Wildfoote socks, so I can think of something else to make for him. Those are also dug out of the dresser. Now...if I can just find the pattern I'm following for the Aspen sweater...

No comments: