Monday, August 11, 2003

I am bad...ran out the other day to pick up some silk garden, and started the diagonal scarf. I like it. It's not the most vibrant colorway, but I like it just the same. I may have to make one for myself out of Kureyon. Not 100% sure who this is going to - probably just a Christmas pile. As for my other projects, well, tonight's plans are just one word...butt ruffle. Okay, that was two words. But I need to get the other butt ruffle done for Jane, so that I can finish the bottoms. I would love to have both Tasha and the felted Nalgene bottle carrier done while I still have access to my washer and dryer, so I need to work on those, too. Maybe I'll bring in the back of Tasha to work. And I have to keep cranking out those mice!

I love to be busy. Too bad I don't have enough time to knit.

I love Silk Garden colors, and I love it once its knit up, but sometimes it's rough in the knitting. I remember the first time I knit with it, I was sad at how rough it felt. "What's the big deal about this yarn?" I thought. "Sure, the color is nice, but the yarn itself isn't very nice to touch." I made a hat. And after I wore it a few times (and it got snowed on, a little) it got softer, and got a lovely sheen. Now it's very drapey and liquid. I'm hoping this scarf turns out the same way.

No comments: